Saturday, March 31, 2007

Christmas Shoes

I'll never forget the first time I heard this song, Christmas Shoes recorded by the band Newsong. I was working in the church office listening to the radio. I had been told by several friends of this song and that when I heard it I would likely cry, as I had been told everyone who had heard it in the past had cried. As a big ol tough guy I didn't expect that I would tear up, especially from a song. While a movie or theater production might bring a tear or two, I certainly didn't expect a song to do that.

It was after working in the office for a couple of hours, during a mid morning break that I finally heard the song on the radio for the first time. I have to tell you the truth, I didn't get through the song before the tears started to flow. Truth is I was moved by this story of love of a son for his mother. I was in some ways reminded what Christmas was all about. The love that each of us can share for each other and the ultimate act of love that was shown to all of humanity by Jesus Christ coming to earth to be born in a feeding troth because of God's ultimate love for all of humanity.

The truth is, and I know Newsong realizes it because I am familiar with the band, is that God desires to have a relationship with all of humanity, and in the process, he expects and desires us to love each other. No love can be displayed better than the ultimate realization of a young boy that he is losing his mother. He wants to show love in a way that is so simple and yet, so effective. This song represents that and can be a reminder to all of us that God wants us to show others around us that we love them. Truth is, as I have unfortunately learned over the years, we don't always know when the last time we might say goodbye to a loved one is. As a result, take the opportunity to share your love with them. As commented on in a recent newsletter from The Virtual Pew that you can see from clicking here, I don't have a lot to give this Christmas, so I have to be unique in the way that I can give. These efforts including these videos is an act of love to those out there reading these comments. I am including a variety of videos for Christmas Shoes, a number of music videos including fan videos and of course the television movie in 10 parts. Don't worry it isn't that hard to watch each of these, you can go right from one to another, and regarding the movie, take breaks after each approximate 10 minute segment.

Pass along the blogs and articles from The Virtual Pew and me over the next weeks to friends and family. Hopefully your sharing of these blogs with others can be an act of love on your part. Better yet though, share the blogs with friends and family, while at the same time telling them that you love them. You may also want to pass along the information here regarding the Christmas Gifts that The Virtual Pew is giving you over the next weeks. You can see the basic information by clicking here.

An interesting little tid bit, the song is based off of a true story that occurred at an Alco store just north of Wichita where I now live in a town called Newton Kansas. I'll never forget my daughter telling me about the story and the stories that surround it. Again, hope you enjoy and thanks again for visiting The Virtual Pew.

Enjoy and God Bless,

Mike

Contact and Giving Information

Oh Yea, here is that contact information again.
The Virtual Pew
P.O. Box 17731
Wichita, KS 67217

Or you van give on line via Pay Pal at: http://www.furches.org/donations/index.html

To become a part of The Virtual Pew, visit, http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ To learn more about me visit http://www.furches.org/ I am also active on MySpace at: http://www.myspace.com/mikefurches I have another blog at http://blog.myspace.com/mikefurches To visit the Hollywood Jesus group at MySpace with membership by numerous Hollywood Jesus reviewers visit: http://groups.myspace.com/hollywoodjesus For a more in depth weekly study and conversation you an visit: http://virtualpewsermon.blogspot.com/ where you can access deeper teaching and ultimately videos for viewing and teaching. You can also subscribe to the newsletter at http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ or see the newsletter on line at http://thevirtualpewnews.blogspot.com/ You can also sign up for the free newsletter from The Virtual Pew by visiting the main page for The Virtual Pew, or you can see the newsletters online by visiting this web site: http://thevirtualpewnews.blogspot.com/ You can contact me via email at mike@furches.org or mike@thevirtualpew.com For those interested in knowing more about my own story, contact me for a free e-copy of my book The Keystone Kid in pre-edit form.

Now for your enjoyment, a wide assortment of videos featuring Christmas Shoes, and the movie Christmas Shoes. Remember that with YouTube, you may want to pause the video at first, let it download and then play. You should be fine with a DSL or higher connection.

A Fan Video I appreciate and like, I actually like the still photo's and little boy in this video.



The Newsong Christmas Video from the Television Show. This one will get you to want to watch the movie that follows.



A Local Church Production. An effective and good cover of this song.



An Animated Christmas Shoes. Using Anime and Animation a fun production.



Christmas Light Display Christmas Shoes. This one is fun to look at, kind of like the Christmas Lights Video from the Siberian Orchestra

Sorry but can't show the video but you can visit it here at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PthNHQbxyWg

The Christmas Shoes Movie 1/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 2/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 3/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 4/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 5/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 6/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 7/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 8/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 9/10



The Christmas Shoes Movie 10/10

No comments: