Sunday, September 13, 2020

We Need Your Help, Covid Has Impacted Our Ministry

 

This one has been a long time coming, but Covid has impacted the ministries I am a part of. Over the last number of years there has been support that has come in from individuals and churches to the amount of approximately $650 a month. Mary Jane and I supplied the additional $1,400 - $1,500 a month to cover costs. We had it, it was never a problem, so, we did it. 

 With Covid having such an impact on individuals and churches we are losing that $650 per month income as of this coming month. That means I will have to come up with that amount on a monthly basis. To be blunt, that just isn't possible. 

 The ministry of The Virtual Pew has been busier than ever, especially with individuals not being able to get out and depending more on online ministries.  I have done everything from meeting with people on a regular basis locally, to spending time online with those in need. There have been situations where I have taken my money, purchased groceries, helped pay for motel accommodations and then some for the homeless and others. I want to be careful about the specifics of things getting done and while I have admittedly been busy with music, I have also continued the ministry work of helping whoever I can in a reasonable way. In some situations, it may be marital counseling, in others it may be dealing with grief from the loss of a loved one and in others literally being available to help in other ways be it transportation, or some other way. 

 I had hopes that with the expansion of ministry recently, along with the music that I would be able to continue to support those ministry needs.  It has been very difficult. We lost approximately 1/2 of our donations some months ago, and as of this coming month, will loose all of those donations, I just can't continue on that path. 

Will you; can you consider helping on a monthly basis?  I may also very likely be looking for another resident in the near future but I will also admit, I don't want to, I'm not planning on running a housing program. Whoever would be considered has to do their part of maintaining the property and following through with things they have committed to do. I certainly don't have, won't take the time to do things that others have as an obligation when they stay here, frankly, if I had my druthers, I would stay totally by myself right, but the extra little bit of money to cover basic costs can help. It also helps if that person is taking their faith commitment seriously and making church and so forth a priority. If the person staying here does their part it can work.  I find it easier and less stressful just to live by myself than to have to deal with those types of issues. I'm a firm believer as to a resident, if they can't take the time to be actively involved in church and Bible study, it is best to live someplace else, or, I live by myself.

Anyway, please consider helping, and if possible on a monthly basis, this is a ministry Mary Jane believed in, there have been areas that she would be proud of that have continued since she went to Dance with Jesus.

 You can give a tax deductible donation to Mosaic or you can also contribute to The Virtual Pew at paypal at mike@furches.org or via cash app at $MichaelFurches.  You can also mail donations to 1249 North Saint Francis, Wichita, KS 67214. 

Thank you for considering helping this ministry out.

 Click here to follow The Virtual Pew on Twitter

Mike Furches on Faceboook.

Click to subscribe to my blog

You can also check out Mike's Musical ventures by searching for Mike Furches and Pastor Mike and the Demon Slayer Blues Band.  Mary Jane's album will be out in September of 2020 and the Pastor Mike and Demon Slayer Blues Band album will be released in October of 2020

There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free audio book link of The Keystone Kid at mike@furches.org You can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/.

Hopefully, you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

You can donate via paypal at mike@furches.org or cash app at $MichaelFurches

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word. Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
1249 N. St. Francis
Wichita Kansas, 67214
Email: mike@furches.org

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

To follow Mike's Band, Pastor Mike and the Demon Slayer Blues Band, click the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/TheDemonSlayers 

The Movie Guys

Donations to The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew Blog

Reviews With Mike

The Virtual Pew Sermons

The Virtual Pew News

No comments: