Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Last Impressions


I have been trying to catch up on one of my favorite television shows, America’s Got Talent, (AGT).  I saw an episode this morning that got me to thinking. A performer was singing, and he shared about his last words with his wife, and her last words to him. She was killed in the same helicopter crash that killed Koby Bryant. The words shared between the two before she was killed, was, “I love you.”

 

I have lived a life, as has many that hungers and thirsts to be loved. Unfortunately, it seems that for many in this world, it seems to be okay to exhibit hate, to display superiority, to let others know, we are better than you. The last thing it seems we do is to tell or show others, they are loved.

 

I have had reminders of this way too much lately. From Bible studies, to just scrolling through on Facebook, there are reminders all around. Is it any wonder that the suicide rate is drastically up in the United States?  We live in a world that seems to have forgotten the importance of telling and showing others love. God help us.

 

What will be the last words others will remember you for, or you will remember others?  Truth is, none of us are guaranteed of tomorrow, another truth is, that this world is so depressing, that for many, there is no desire to go on and so they end it. While we like to blame them, say things like, “I told them I loved them,” or things like, “I never knew,” or any other myriad of things, do we practice the two things we need to display via words and actions that we love? 

 

Today, I’m heartbroken because of the reminder of the lack of love in our world. Frankly, it may be a reason I get depressed in a time of life I should constantly be in joy.  I don’t know, the negativity has an impact, yet I try to survive, focus on the positive, but it isn’t easy. If it’s that way for me, I know it’s that way for others. Unfortunately, I don’t know if society cares anymore. I wish that weren’t so, but it is what it is.  The studies, the statistics, and the reality is proof that this is a problem with epidemic proportions.  What can we do to change this problem?  We can start with us, and for me, that means, telling you, I love you.


To Donate via Pay Pal, donate at paypal at mike@furches.org

To Donate via Cash App, donate at $MichaelFurches

You can also always donate to The Virtual Pew at 1249 North Saint Francis, Wichita Kansas 67214


Click here to follow The Virtual Pew on Twitter

Mike Furches on Faceboook.

Click to subscribe to my blog

You can also check out Mike's Musical ventures by searching for Mike Furches and Pastor Mike and the Demon Slayer Blues Band. Mary Jane's album is available online and by contacting Mike and the Pastor Mike and Demon Slayer Blues Band album is available on over 150 download formats.

There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives on The Virtual Pew and Mike Furches Reviews. You can also contact me for a free audio book link of The Keystone Kid at mike@furches.org You can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/.

Hopefully, you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

You can donate via paypal at mike@furches.org or cash app at $MichaelFurches

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word. Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
1249 N. St. Francis
Wichita Kansas, 67214
Email: mike@furches.org

To follow Mike's Band, Pastor Mike and the Demon Slayer Blues Band, click the following link:

 

The Pastor Mike and Demon Slayer Blues Band


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5lrkdvEZGg

https://www.facebook.com/TheDemonSlayers 

The Movie Guys

Donations to The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew Blog

Reviews With Mike

The Virtual Pew Sermons

The Virtual Pew News

 

No comments: