Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Daily Journal for The Recovery From Religious Abuse Day 41

Today starts a new day; I realize that I have been abused by religion. It took me through Day 8, 9 before I realized this, but I am glad I did. You can go back to see my comments on Day 8 and 9 to see what I am speaking of. I am taking the time to do the exercises as outlined in the book; Recovering From Religious Abuse, 11 Steps to Spiritual Freedom written by: Jack Watts. While I know that hurt and abuse as described and presented in the book are two different things, I have come to the understanding that in regards to taking advantage of me I have in fact been abused. I will admit, one of my greatest concerns is I may have at times abused religion. I don’t think I have but this journey will help me understand where I am at and in the process help others as I journal each day with the steps outlined in the book.

As I have been going through the journal process I have been able to pretty much do, and post every aspect of the process, that is with the exception of today. To maintain the confidence of those I have done wrong, I will leave names out. I know there are those I have wrong to due to my abuse. I have and will continue to try and make amends with them because it is what God expects of me. Unfortunately, many of those were also victims; it doesn’t make the process any easier.

Today I also think about those who continue to do me harm, continue to be critical, and continue to care about all of their issues, without ever taking into consideration the issues and experiences I have gone through. I would hope for a little joy regarding my own recovery, instead I seem to get the opposite. It is one of the reasons it is so easy to isolate and not trust. To think that I may have perpetuated this type of attitude on others as a result of how I have responded to my own abuse is troubling. I find myself asking God to remove whole blocks of memory, he doesn’t though. I have to learn the importance of coming together in community with those God has commanded me to love. It isn’t the lovable I love that is a witness to my relationship with God, it is my willingness, and my efforts to love the hard to love, those who have, and will continue to hurt me that my witness is displayed.

Today, I struggle; I struggle because trying to do things Gods’ way is not easy, in fact, not only is it difficult, it is difficult trying to figure out which thing I do first.

God, help me forgive those I need to, help me to know what to do. I also ask that in my own struggles I don’t forget those I have hurt. While others may not be willing to do right by me, I ask that you will motivate and move me to do right by others. Help me to not only forgive, but to seek forgiveness in areas I need to.

Dear Children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. ~ 1st John 3:18

If you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering. ~ Matthew 5: 23, 24

Make sure to check the blog archive to follow this journal through its entirety, plus an interview with author Jack Watts and the review of the book.

To see the video posted below click on the video. If the video isn’t at full scale or doesn’t show up, click on the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-snU6_zv24


Click here to read about, and order the book, The Keystone Kid

Click here to follow The Virtual Pew on Twitter

Mike Furches on Faceboook.

The Keystone Kid/Virtual Pew Message Boards

Click here for booking information to have Pastor Mike come speak or perform, from speaking to music or magic, something for all groups.

Click to visit with Pastor Mike regarding any of your needs. He will respond to each request personally, and if need be refer you to one of our other pastors.

Click to subscribe to my blog

Click to visit and join our sister group at MySpace Hollywood Jesus.

Now for those that do not know, make sure you check out the numerous articles and blogs by checking out the archives. If visiting The Virtual Pew or MySpace they are archived on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to where you see newer or older listed under archives and then click there. There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free e-book pre edit version of The Keystone Kid at mike@thevirtualpew.comYou can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ and on the front page down on the left side you sill see our store. Your purchase provides needed funds to The Virtual Pew. If you do not see something to purchase you can click on the search engine, (do not put anything in the search box at this time). You will be taken to Amazon where you can search for anything you desire. Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word.Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
6441 N. Hydraulic
Park City Kansas, 67219

Email: mike@furches.org

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

Donations to The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew Blog

Personal Furches Web Site

Mary Jane Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Blog

Hollywood Jesus

Reviews With Mike

The Virtual Pew Sermons

The Virtual Pew News

MySpace Hollywood Jesus Group

MySpace The Virtual Pew Group

The Virtual Pew Live Radio Web Page

To Subscribe to The Virtual Pew Live Feed

No comments: