Saturday, April 30, 2011

Daily Journal for The Recovery From Religious Abuse Day 19


Today starts a new day; I realize that I have been abused by religion. It took me through Day 8, 9 before I realized this, but I am glad I did. You can go back to see my comments on Day 8 and 9 to see what I am speaking of. I am taking the time to do the exercises as outlined in the book; Recovering From Religious Abuse, 11 Steps to Spiritual Freedom written by: Jack Watts. While I know that hurt and abuse as described and presented in the book are two different things, I have come to the understanding that in regards to taking advantage of me I have in fact been abused. I will admit, one of my greatest concerns is I may have at times abused religion. I don’t think I have but this journey will help me understand where I am at and in the process help others as I journal each day with the steps outlined in the book.

God sees me as a person of value; it is why he died for me. I realize that sometimes, the person beating me at my core is me. I need to realize, that Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. I must remember that while I was yet a sinner, Christ died for me. I must remember that God loved me so much that He sent His Son to die for me and offer me eternal, everlasting, life. Yet, while I realize these things, I beat myself up with the hurt perpetuated on me by others. Whether a disrespectful church member more into themselves than they are the ministry of the church, or a person who knows me little and makes assumptions about the intent of my heart. I am more, because God sees more in me. That isn’t to say I never sin, but I have been cleansed of my sin.

The heart is at issue here. God knows my heart, I know my heart, and others think they know my heart, but many times they really don’t. At times, maybe I am selfish and people think I am giving, at other times, maybe I am a little harsh, but the intent is out of love to help people move beyond. The bottom line, God knows me, He knows my heart, He sees value in me and He has promise in me.

I need to remind myself that I am to renew my mind, I am to move closer to God, yet in moving closer I will realize and see the promise and hope God has for me. I need to hear and accept God’s truth about my life. I will not let the naysayers bring me down. I will not let those who think they know it all bring me down, especially when I can see the truth of their hypocrisy. I must find my joy in the joy of the Lord for the joy of the Lord is my strength, not the ridicule, rejection, lies, untruth, and the attitudes of those who seek to tear down and destroy without searching for the truth of their own life.

My God is a loving God, and He sees value in me, I need to see what God sees.

Make sure to check the blog archive to follow this journal through its entirety, plus an interview with author Jack Watts and the review of the book.

To see the video posted below click on the video. If the video isn’t at full scale or doesn’t show up, click on the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-snU6_zv24


Click here to read about, and order the book, The Keystone Kid

Click here to follow The Virtual Pew on Twitter

Mike Furches on Faceboook.

The Keystone Kid/Virtual Pew Message Boards

Click here for booking information to have Pastor Mike come speak or perform, from speaking to music or magic, something for all groups.

Click to visit with Pastor Mike regarding any of your needs. He will respond to each request personally, and if need be refer you to one of our other pastors.

Click to subscribe to my blog

Click to visit and join our sister group at MySpace Hollywood Jesus.

Now for those that do not know, make sure you check out the numerous articles and blogs by checking out the archives. If visiting The Virtual Pew or MySpace they are archived on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to where you see newer or older listed under archives and then click there. There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free e-book pre edit version of The Keystone Kid at mike@thevirtualpew.comYou can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ and on the front page down on the left side you sill see our store. Your purchase provides needed funds to The Virtual Pew. If you do not see something to purchase you can click on the search engine, (do not put anything in the search box at this time). You will be taken to Amazon where you can search for anything you desire. Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word.Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
6441 N. Hydraulic
Park City Kansas, 67219

Email: mike@furches.org

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

Donations to The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew Blog

Personal Furches Web Site

Mary Jane Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Blog

Hollywood Jesus

Reviews With Mike

The Virtual Pew Sermons

The Virtual Pew News

MySpace Hollywood Jesus Group

MySpace The Virtual Pew Group

The Virtual Pew Live Radio Web Page

To Subscribe to The Virtual Pew Live Feed

No comments: