Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daily Journal for The Recovery From Religious Abuse Day 74

Today starts a new day; I realize that I have been abused by religion. It took me through Day 8, 9 before I realized this, but I am glad I did. You can go back to see my comments on Day 8 and 9 to see what I am speaking of. I am taking the time to do the exercises as outlined in the book; Recovering From Religious Abuse, 11 Steps to Spiritual Freedom written by: Jack Watts. While I know that hurt and abuse as described and presented in the book are two different things, I have come to the understanding that in regards to taking advantage of me I have in fact been abused. I will admit, one of my greatest concerns is I may have at times abused religion. I don’t think I have but this journey will help me understand where I am at and in the process help others as I journal each day with the steps outlined in the book.

Over the years I have spoken to many people who have gone through religious abuse. Many of them have turned their backs on the church and some on God, but there are those who recognize that the God presented to them by their abusers is not from the Holy Spirit nor is it in fact, God. If anything, those who abuse and refuse to abide by the concept of love is seen by many outside of the faith, and those who walk with God in the faith, as fools. Unfortunately, many people who consider themselves Christian fall into this category. Those who hurt others so badly think they know God so well they have to project their beliefs on others. They use the opinions of others about them regarding their inappropriate actions as a badge of honor because the last thing they want to admit is they haven’t practiced, lived in, or done the things of God. They make excuses to remain in their pharisaic mindset.

I have unfortunately ran into many of those abusers, they misinterpret scripture, they quit churches and have a history which shows they have issues relating to others in a positive way, especially those outside of the church or those they disagree with within the church. They think they are the tools the Holy Spirit uses to accomplish God’s purpose, but ultimately it is their own purpose, thoughts, and egos that are being boosted.

I have discovered something some of the abusers have yet to discover, or likely never will unless they surrender to the teachings of Jesus, including the loving whosoever. Those of us who have found strength in God’s love no longer yield to, or spend much time concerned about their judgment and rejection. For those who have been abused, I encourage you to find peace in God. I know from experience, God delivers peace.

Let me say, there is a movement of churches wanting to make a difference, I am grateful for that. Those who reject us and practice their pharisaic beliefs will never feel comfortable around people who love. The churches making a difference are filled with people who have been hurt by religious dogmas. There is peace that passes all understanding that God gives us. It is worth it because it is in that peace that we experience the freedom God has for us. For that, I am grateful.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 8:38, 39

Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong.
Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them.
Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generiously.

“My Thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So my ways are higher than your ways
And my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” ~ Isaiah 55: 7-9

Make sure to check the blog archive to follow this journal through its entirety, plus an interview with author Jack Watts and the review of the book.

To see the video posted below click on the video. If the video isn’t at full scale or doesn’t show up, click on the following link:

Today there is a special video for those who would bring others down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RJPaj97H24


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-snU6_zv24


Click here to read about, and order the book, The Keystone Kid

Click here to follow The Virtual Pew on Twitter

Mike Furches on Faceboook.

The Keystone Kid/Virtual Pew Message Boards

Click here for booking information to have Pastor Mike come speak or perform, from speaking to music or magic, something for all groups.

Click to visit with Pastor Mike regarding any of your needs. He will respond to each request personally, and if need be refer you to one of our other pastors.

Click to subscribe to my blog

Click to visit and join our sister group at MySpace Hollywood Jesus.

Now for those that do not know, make sure you check out the numerous articles and blogs by checking out the archives. If visiting The Virtual Pew or MySpace they are archived on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to where you see newer or older listed under archives and then click there. There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free e-book pre edit version of The Keystone Kid at mike@thevirtualpew.comYou can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ and on the front page down on the left side you sill see our store. Your purchase provides needed funds to The Virtual Pew. If you do not see something to purchase you can click on the search engine, (do not put anything in the search box at this time). You will be taken to Amazon where you can search for anything you desire. Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word.Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
6441 N. Hydraulic
Park City Kansas, 67219

Email: mike@furches.org

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

Donations to The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew Blog

Personal Furches Web Site

Mary Jane Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Blog

Hollywood Jesus

Reviews With Mike

The Virtual Pew Sermons

The Virtual Pew News

MySpace Hollywood Jesus Group

MySpace The Virtual Pew Group

The Virtual Pew Live Radio Web Page

To Subscribe to The Virtual Pew Live Feed

No comments: