Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sept. 13 - Daily Verse And Read The Bible In A Year




Jesus Is the True Vine

John 15 Jesus said to his disciples:

I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. (2) He cuts away every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit. But he trims clean every branch that does produce fruit, so that it will produce even more fruit. (3) You are already clean because of what I have said to you.

(4) Stay joined to me, and I will stay joined to you. Just as a branch cannot produce fruit unless it stays joined to the vine, you cannot produce fruit unless you stay joined to me. (5) I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I stay joined to you, then you will produce lots of fruit. But you cannot do anything without me. (6) If you don't stay joined to me, you will be thrown away. You will be like dry branches that are gathered up and burned in a fire.

(7) Stay joined to me and let my teachings become part of you. Then you can pray for whatever you want, and your prayer will be answered. (8) When you become fruitful disciples of mine, my Father will be honored. (9) I have loved you, just as my Father has loved me. So remain faithful to my love for you. (10) If you obey me, I will keep loving you, just as my Father keeps loving me, because I have obeyed him.

(11) I have told you this to make you as completely happy as I am. (12) Now I tell you to love each other, as I have loved you. (13) The greatest way to show love for friends is to die for them. (14) And you are my friends, if you obey me. (15) Servants don't know what their master is doing, and so I don't speak to you as my servants. I speak to you as my friends, and I have told you everything that my Father has told me.

(16) You did not choose me. I chose you and sent you out to produce fruit, the kind of fruit that will last. Then my Father will give you whatever you ask for in my name. (17) So I command you to love each other.

The World's Hatred

(18) If the people of this world hate you, just remember that they hated me first. (19) If you belonged to the world, its people would love you. But you don't belong to the world. I have chosen you to leave the world behind, and that is why its people hate you. (20) Remember how I told you that servants are not greater than their master. So if people mistreat me, they will mistreat you. If they do what I say, they will do what you say.

(21) People will do to you exactly what they did to me. They will do it because you belong to me, and they don't know the one who sent me. (22) If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have no excuse for their sin.

(23) Everyone who hates me also hates my Father. (24) I have done things that no one else has ever done. If they had not seen me do these things, they would not be guilty. But they did see me do these things, and they still hate me and my Father too. (25) That is why the Scriptures are true when they say, "People hated me for no reason."

(26) I will send you the Spirit who comes from the Father and shows what is true. The Spirit will help you and will tell you about me. (27) Then you will also tell others about me, because you have been with me from the beginning.

John 16 I am telling you this to keep you from being afraid. (2) You will be chased out of the Jewish meeting places. And the time will come when people will kill you and think they are doing God a favor. (3) They will do these things because they don't know either the Father or me. (4) I am saying this to you now, so that when the time comes, you will remember what I have said.

---------------------------------------

Jehoiada Makes Joash King of Judah
(2 Kings 11.4-21)

2 Chronicles 23 After Ahaziah's son Joash had hidden in the temple for six years, Jehoiada the priest knew that something had to be done. So he made sure he had the support of several army officers. They were Azariah son of Jeroham, Ishmael son of Jehohanan, Azariah son of Obed, Maaseiah son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat son of Zichri. (2) These five men went to the towns in Judah and called together the Levites and the clan leaders. They all came to Jerusalem (3) and gathered at the temple, where they agreed to help Joash.

Jehoiada said to them:

Joash will be our next king, because long ago the LORD promised that one of David's descendants would always be king. (4) Here is what we will do. Three groups of priests and Levites will be on guard duty on the Sabbath--one group will guard the gates of the temple, (5) one will guard the palace, and the other will guard Foundation Gate. The rest of you will stand guard in the temple courtyards. (6) Only the priests and Levites who are on duty will be able to enter the temple, because they will be the only ones who have gone through the ceremony to make themselves clean and acceptable. The others must stay outside in the courtyards, just as the LORD has commanded. (7) You Levites must protect King Joash. Don't let him out of your sight! And keep your swords ready to kill anyone who comes into the temple.

(8) The Levites and the people of Judah followed Jehoiada's orders. The guards going off duty were not allowed to go home, and so each commander had all his guards available--those going off duty as well as those coming on duty. (9) Jehoiada went into the temple and brought out the swords and shields that had belonged to King David, and he gave them to the commanders. (10) They gave the weapons to the guards, and Jehoiada then made sure that the guards took their positions around the temple and the altar to protect the king on every side.

(11) Jehoiada and his sons brought Joash outside, where they placed the crown on his head and gave him a copy of the instructions for ruling the nation. Olive oil was poured on his head to show that he was now king, and the crowd cheered and shouted, "Long live the king!"

(12) As soon as Queen Athaliah heard the crowd cheering for Joash, she went to the temple. (13) There she saw Joash standing by one of the columns near the entrance, which was the usual place for the king. The commanders and the trumpet players were standing next to him, and the musicians were playing instruments and leading the people as they celebrated and blew trumpets. Athaliah tore her clothes in anger and shouted, "You betrayed me, you traitors!"

(14) Right away, Jehoiada said to the army commanders, "Don't kill her near the LORD's temple. Take her out in front of the troops, and be sure to kill all of her followers!" (15) She tried to escape, but the commanders caught and killed her near the gate where horses are led into the palace.
(16) Jehoiada asked King Joash and the people to join with him in being faithful to the LORD. They agreed, (17) then rushed to the temple of the god Baal and tore it down. They smashed the altars and the idols and killed Mattan the priest of Baal in front of the altars.

(18) Jehoiada assigned the priests and Levites their duties at the temple, just as David had done. They were in charge of offering sacrifices to the LORD according to the Law of Moses, and they were responsible for leading the celebrations with singing. (19) Jehoiada ordered the guards at the temple gates to keep out anyone who was unclean.

(20) Finally, Jehoiada called together the army commanders, the most important citizens of Judah, and the government officials. The crowd of people followed them as they led Joash from the temple, through the Upper Gate, and into the palace, where he took his place as king of Judah. (21) Everyone celebrated because Athaliah had been killed and Jerusalem was peaceful again.

--------------------------------

Psalm 80
[A psalm by Asaph for the music leader. To the tune "Lilies of the Agreement."]
Help Our Nation

(1) Shepherd of Israel, you lead the descendants of Joseph,
and you sit on your throne
above the winged creatures.
Listen to our prayer and let your light shine
(2) for the tribes of Ephraim, Benjamin, and Manasseh.
Save us by your power.

(3) Our God, make us strong again! Smile on us and save us.

(4) LORD God All-Powerful, how much longer
will the prayers of your people make you angry?
(5) You gave us tears for food,
and you made us drink them by the bowlful.
(6) Because of you, our enemies who live nearby
laugh and joke about us.
(7) But if you smile on us, we will be saved.

(8) We were like a grapevine you brought out of Egypt.
You chased other nations away and planted us here.
(9) Then you cleared the ground,
and we put our roots deep, spreading over the land.
(10) Shade from this vine covered the mountains. Its branches
climbed the mighty cedars (11) and stretched to the sea;
its new growth reached to the river.

(12) Our Lord, why have you torn down the wall
from around the vineyard?
You let everyone who walks by pick the grapes.
(13) Now the vine is gobbled down by pigs from the forest
and other wild animals.

(14) God All-Powerful, please do something!
Look down from heaven and see what's happening
to this vine.
(15) With your own hands you planted its roots,
and you raised it as your very own.

(16) Enemies chopped the vine down and set it on fire.
Now show your anger and destroy them.
(17) But help the one who sits at your right side,
the one you raised to be your own.
(18) Then we will never turn away.
Put new life into us, and we will worship you.

(19) LORD God All-Powerful, make us strong again!
Smile on us and save us.

Click here for booking information to have Pastor Mike come speak or perform, from speaking to music or magic, something for all groups.

Click to visit with Pastor Mike regarding any of your needs. He will respond to each request personally, and if need be refer you to one of our other pastors.

Click to visit and join the new group The Virtual Pew, at MySpace. Become a part of a different kind of Christian group, check out the page for more information,all welcome, including those who are not followers of Jesus.

Click to visit the Virtual Pew Website and become a part of that ministry.

Click to subscribe to my blog

Click to visit and join our sister group at MySpace Hollywood Jesus.

Now for those that do not know, make sure you check out the numerous articles and blogs by checking out the archives. If visiting The Virtual Pew or MySpace they are archived on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to where you see newer or older listed under archives and then click there. There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free e-book pre edit version of The Keystone Kid at mike@thevirtualpew.com

You can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ and on the front page down on the left side you sill see our store. Your purchase provides needed funds to The Virtual Pew. If you do not see something to purchase you can click on the search engine, (do not put anything in the search box at this time). You will be taken to Amazon where you can search for anything you desire. Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word.

Here is our contact information
The Virtual Pew
P.O. Box 17731
Wichita, KS 67217

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew
Phone Number to Call During the Show, (Please never call prior to the start of the show) - (646) 716-8587


Listen Live

No comments: