Monday, September 17, 2007

The Bible / For Those Interested & Reading Through The Bible In A Year

I know many have enjoyed the Daily Verse and Through The Bible In A Year postings I have been making. I am grateful for that and want everyone to know that is going to continue, albeit in a different form. In an effort to save time I am going to be posting those daily verses and daily Bible readings on a single page at The Virtual Pew Website, http://www.thevirtualpew.com/. The postings will go onto our message boards there and you can click here to get to those message boards. As a result of making this change I will save at least 30 minutes a day, and provide better services and ministry through The Virtual Pew.

There are benefits of doing this for those reading as well. I have been going through the daily readings myself as I do the transfer over to the main page and making verse transitions easier for the reader. In this process I find myself at times having questions about various things in the Bible. Questions that I know myself and Pastor Dave would benefit from looking at as well as any other person involved in ministry. I am going to try, and firmly believe that Pastor Dave will help as well in responding with our thoughts regarding questions you may have that come up from the daily readings. Those questions could of recent have a wide range of topics that could be discussed, such as: Does God become angry? What is The History of the Kings of Judah and Israel and is their a record of it? Why did the soldiers fall to the ground when they asked Jesus who he was in the Garden? As you can see there are all kinds of questions, many some seldom talk about. It would be a challenge to myself, or any other follower of Jesus to have to search and try to answer your questions. Of course there is no guarantee that we can, or that they will be answered. There is a guarantee that there is a better chance of being answered if you post on the message boards your questions, and also a guarantee that at least some of us will think about it, and on occasion, attempt to answer the questions you may have. In other words, the primary benefit of driving traffic to the message boards at The Virtual Pew is that we can learn and grow together. It is taking the approach of the study of scripture to the masses.

On this note, I have for a long time called the Bible, The Ultimate Love Letter From God, The Creator Of The Universe. I can think of few things that are as important as a daily reading of this book God gave us all. It amazes me at the number of people who talk about the Bible, but in reality, know so little about it. The truth is, if we don’t read it, don’t study it, not only will we continue on in ignorance, but we may miss out on information that can be beneficial to us. I firmly believe that the Bible is a book that can give us direction in so many areas, direction that will provide comfort, joy, wisdom, and knowledge. All of which can be of benefit in helping us in our day to day life.

Let me be as plain as I can here, I have had many people question me about my ability to overcome the hatred, and difficulties of my life. I will say, without question, that most of the time, the strength, comfort, and knowledge of how to do so has come from the study of the Bible. I believe in it so much, that when I speak in a public forum, and recite a passage from the Bible, I follow an old Mennonite tradition of at some point, asking the people to: “out of respect of the ultimate love letter given by God, if you are able to stand, please stand while we read His word.” I know a lot of churches do this, but many others don’t, that is okay, but for me, I want to make sure people understand the amount of respect I have for God’s Word, The Bible.

Now as mentioned earlier, The Daily Verse and Through the Bible in a Year daily readings will no longer be at The Virtual Pew Article Boards, or at MySpace. I will include among my listing of links a link to The Virtual Pew Message Boards where you can see the daily readings and verse. I would encourage you to bookmark this page, and to visit on a regular basis. If not signed up at the message boards, sign up, join, and ask questions or make comments as you desire or the Bible Study threads or any other thread. Thanks for understanding, and looking forward to seeing you at The Virtual Pew Message boards.

To go directly to the Bible Study Thread at The Virtual Pew Message boards, click this link and bookmark it.

Click Here to Go to The Virtual Pew Daily Verse and Read The Bible in a Year Passages

Click here for booking information to have Pastor Mike come speak or perform, from speaking to music or magic, something for all groups.

Click to visit with Pastor Mike regarding any of your needs. He will respond to each request personally, and if need be refer you to one of our other pastors.

Click to visit and join the new group The Virtual Pew, at MySpace. Become a part of a different kind of Christian group, check out the page for more information,all welcome, including those who are not followers of Jesus.

Click to visit the Virtual Pew Website and become a part of that ministry.

Click to subscribe to my blog

Click to visit and join our sister group at MySpace Hollywood Jesus.

The following is a short video with a Bible Quiz, take it, listen, and decide if the study of The Bible is something you should consider. Just double click on the video, if the video don't appear, click the following link.
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=2c25cf5ed131317fe88d


Here is the link to an old film, one with some problems, but none the less a recognition by many of the importance of The Bible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHVmXBG-kIU



Now for those that do not know, make sure you check out the numerous articles and blogs by checking out the archives. If visiting The Virtual Pew or MySpace they are archived on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to where you see newer or older listed under archives and then click there. There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free e-book pre edit version of The Keystone Kid at mike@thevirtualpew.com

You can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ and on the front page down on the left side you sill see our store. Your purchase provides needed funds to The Virtual Pew. If you do not see something to purchase you can click on the search engine, (do not put anything in the search box at this time). You will be taken to Amazon where you can search for anything you desire. Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word.

Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
P.O. Box 17731
Wichita, KS 67217

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

Donations to The Virtual Pew
The Virtual Pew
The Virtual Pew Blog
Personal Furches Web Site
Mike Furches MySpace Page
Mike Furches MySpace Blog
Hollywood Jesus
Reviews With Mike
The Virtual Pew Sermons
The Virtual Pew News
MySpace Hollywood Jesus Group
MySpace The Virtual Pew Group
The Virtual Pew Live Radio Web Page
To Subscribe to The Virtual Pew Live Feed

Phone Number to Call During the Show, (Please never call prior to the start of the show) - (646) 716-8587

No comments: