Monday, June 11, 2007

Abuse Follow Up / The Little Girl

Today I decided to go ahead and do a post with a follow up to this weekend’s article, Birthdays, Friends, and Dying / Faith in Film. To see yesterday's article just click here.

Abuse is a real issue; it is a real issue that affects its victims for the majority of their life. I can only share of my personal experiences here, I write about this a great deal in my book, The Keystone Kid. In fact that book is about the desire to discover love and the affects of abuse on my life. It is about much more than that, but abuse is the root and concept that drives the book. It centers on the journey of Anthony and his journey with a therapist.

I will never forget the times I was sharing with the therapists my struggles. My sister and I were both abused and for much of my life I questioned where God was when the abuse was going on, not just with me, but my sister. I can’t tell you the damage the abuse played in developing my own attitude about sexuality. I ask in the book, how could I who learned about sexuality from abuse, and the abuse that would carry on for years ever have an appropriate view of sexuality?

I remember like it was yesterday asking the therapists, “Where was God through that whole period of my life?” I can recall him telling me, “Mike I honestly believe that Jesus was right there with you, weeping and crying over what choices some people had made, and the way they affected your life.” I could deal with that, I could deal with the fact that Christ was there and weeping over the free choice he had given people, even to do wrong.

On this issue, it is easy for people to say, God could have intervened, or that a loving God wouldn’t allow something like this to occur. I will tell you, as one who has been through it, I can accept the fact that God would give free choice, free will, even for people to do wrong. I can also accept the fact that God didn’t make, didn’t plan, and didn’t desire for the things that happened to me, or happened to others to occur. In fact, when wrong is done, I am convinced that if we look, we will realize that God is there, crying, weeping over the wrongs that are done to those he loves.

A lot has happened over the years, I remember telling my story years ago and a dear friend, Sharon Harper hearing the story and writing a song about how God was there all the time, weeping and crying for me. It is what I will leave you with before going to the video today. In all of your hardships, whatever they may be, God is there with you. He is there with you crying and weeping because he loves you so much.

On to today’s song by John Michael Montgomery, The Little Girl; it is a song I won’t need to say much about, just watch the video, and listen to the words. Then realize that others have seen what I am talking about today. Others know, thank God that the popular culture is beginning to see it, comment on it, and even sing about it.


For anyone desiring a free pre edit copy of the book The Keystone Kid just email me at mike@thevirtualpew.com and I will send you a copy via email

If you see the video below, just double click on the video, if you don’t see it, click on the link provided.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI8kcBqY80g



John Michael Montgomery
The Little Girl Lyrics

Her parents never took the young girl to church
Never spoke of his name
Never read her his word
Two non-believers walking lost in this world
Took their baby with them
What a sad little girl

Her daddy drank all day and mommy did drugs
Never wanted to play
Or give kisses and hugs
She'd watch the TV and sit there on the couch
While her mom fell asleep
And her daddy went out

And the drinking and the fighting
Just got worse every night
Behind their couch she'd be hiding
Oh what a sad little life

And like it always does, the bad just got worse
With every slap and every curse
Until her daddy in a drunk rage one night
Used a gun on her mom and then took his life
And some people from the city took the girl far away
To a new mom and new dad
Kisses and hugs everyday

Her first day of Sunday school the teacher walked in
And a small little girl
Stared a picture of him
She said I know that man up there on that cross
I don't know his name
But I know he got off

He was there in my old house
And held me close to his side
As I hid there behind our couch
The night that my parents died

Click here for booking information to have Pastor Mike come speak or perform, from speaking to music or magic, something for all groups.

Click to visit with Pastor Mike regarding any of your needs. He will respond to each request personally, and if need be refer you to one of our other pastors.

Click to visit and join the new group The Virtual Pew, at MySpace. Become a part of a different kind of Christian group, check out the page for more information, all welcome, including those who are not followers of Jesus.

Click to visit the Virtual Pew Website and become a part of that ministry.

Click to subscribe to my blog

Click to visit and join our sister group at MySpace Hollywood Jesus.

Now for those that do not know, make sure you check out the numerous articles and blogs by checking out the archives. If visiting The Virtual Pew or MySpace they are archived on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to where you see newer or older listed under archives and then click there. There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives.You can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ and on the front page down on the left side you sill see our store. Your purchase provides needed funds to The Virtual Pew. If you do not see something to purchase you can click on the search engine, (do not put anything in the search box at this time). You will be taken to Amazon where you can search for anything you desire. Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word.Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
P.O. Box 17731
Wichita, KS 67217

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

Donations to The Virtual Pew
The Virtual Pew
The Virtual Pew Blog
Personal Furches Web Site
Mike Furches MySpace Page
Mike Furches MySpace Blog
Hollywood Jesus
Reviews With Mike
The Virtual Pew Sermons
The Virtual Pew News
MySpace Hollywood Jesus Group
MySpace The Virtual Pew Group

No comments: