Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why the Hell?

I wrote something today as I thought, “Why the hell do people still try to control and obtain power over others?” Don’t get me wrong, it is not like I am in some kind of a jerk mood or anything, but I am personally tired of seeing good things ruined by control, I am tired of seeing good people manipulated and used by others to accomplish their dreams while at the same time, leaving corpses on the side of the road.

Jesus was about so much more than that; it seems as if the church has forgotten that and the world frankly at times just don’t care. Is it any wonder that people are still hurting? Is it any wonder that so many have given up hope? We see murders set free, the poor locked up, and the sick left behind.

Let’s make more money! We can’t afford to take care of the poor! They deserve what they get! My political party is right! You’re going to hell! Obama is the devil! American love it or leave it! We are a Christian nation! I am God! Screw You!

It seems as if the above are the norm more than the exception. People have these attitudes, these opinions, and that seems to be the focus of life. I wonder, is this anything like Jesus? Is the attitude of it all being about me the attitude God wants for us?

Why do we ignore sayings like, “It is easier for a rich man to get into the kingdom of heaven than for a camel to go through the eye of a needle.” “If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn and let them strike the other.” “Love your neighbor as yourself.” “If you can’t love your neighbor who you can see, how can you say you love God whom you’ve never seen?” “You’ll be forgiven by the measure of which you have forgiven others.” “Love your enemies, pray for those that would do you harm.” “If you see someone in need, and you have the means to provide for them do so. Stop loving each other in words only, love each other in deed.”

I don’t have all the answers, heck, sometimes I think I have too many questions, but, I can’t help but ask those questions. People are dying in the richest nation on earth because they can’t afford health care and we don’t seem to care. People ignore this, they think anyone can get health care. Please, come and let me show you, not tell you, but show you. Children will go hungry tonight, while some throw away enough food from their dinner at a fine restaurant that could feed 3 or 4 children. Some will spend more money today on a movie, than some people have to pay for electricity in a cold or hot house. It costs pennies to save the life of a child dying from malaria, yet we will spend more money on bubblegum than we will time thinking about a person dying from a preventable disease. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it is wrong to eat at a nice restaurant, or even see a good movie, but at whose expense to we refuse to help where we can?

Where is Jesus? Does he still care? Why doesn’t he do something? I think he is here, weeping at our lack of compassion, he chooses to use us, but for some reason, it doesn’t seem like too many people care. Yet we keep on keeping on at not loving, not showing compassion to a hurting child, an abused mother, a homeless veteran, a sick father. I am reminded of Matthew 25: 31-46

(31) When the Son of Man comes in his glory with all of his angels, he will sit on his royal throne. (32) The people of all nations will be brought before him, and he will separate them, as shepherds separate their sheep from their goats.
(33) He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. (34) Then the king will say to those on his right, "My father has blessed you! Come and receive the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was created. (35) When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, (36) and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me."

(37) Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to eat or drink? (38) When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear (39) or visit you while you were sick or in jail?"

(40) The king will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me."

(41) Then the king will say to those on his left, "Get away from me! You are under God's curse. Go into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels! (42) I was hungry, but you did not give me anything to eat, and I was thirsty, but you did not give me anything to drink. (43) I was a stranger, but you did not welcome me, and I was naked, but you did not give me any clothes to wear. I was sick and in jail, but you did not take care of me."

(44) Then the people will ask, "Lord, when did we fail to help you when you were hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in jail?"

(45) The king will say to them, "Whenever you failed to help any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you failed to do it for me."

(46) Then Jesus said, "Those people will be punished forever. But the ones who pleased God will have eternal life."

I know those words may offend some, but I didn’t write them, God did, as to that thing I wrote today, it follows, it is filled with symbolism, some will get it, some won’t. That don’t surprise me though, I know I’m not alone in these thoughts, I know I’m not alone in my desires. I have said it before, I will say it again, it’s time for many of us to: Stand Up!

What the Hell

I know I’m a dreamer
There are things I can do
I know who’s the schemer
I think it’s you

I believe in justice
I believe in right
You practice injustice
You live in the night

You think you have the power
You think we’re all the same
I refuse to cower
You’re the one to blame

You make your decisions
You think you know it all
You like to steal visions
Hell No, you will fall

I know I’m a dreamer
There are things I can do
I know who’s the schemer
I think it’s you

The poor they are humble
The rich are full of pride
The godless, they will crumble
The son is on my side


What will you do, how will you show love today? The following video represents one way you can show love, one way you can show compassion. Just click on the video, if for some reason the video don't appear, just click on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RrIZci2Bg






Click Here to Go to The Virtual Pew Daily Verse and Read The Bible in a Year Passages

Click here for booking information to have Pastor Mike come speak or perform, from speaking to music or magic, something for all groups.

Click to visit with Pastor Mike regarding any of your needs. He will respond to each request personally, and if need be refer you to one of our other pastors.

Click to visit and join the new group The Virtual Pew, at MySpace. Become a part of a different kind of Christian group, check out the page for more information,all welcome, including those who are not followers of Jesus.

Click to visit the Virtual Pew Website and become a part of that ministry.

Click to subscribe to my blog

Click to visit and join our sister group at MySpace Hollywood Jesus.

Click to visit Mary Jane Furches' new MySpace Page

Now for those that do not know, make sure you check out the numerous articles and blogs by checking out the archives. If visiting The Virtual Pew or MySpace they are archived on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to where you see newer or older listed under archives and then click there. There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free e-book pre edit version of The Keystone Kid at mike@thevirtualpew.comYou can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ and on the front page down on the left side you sill see our store. Your purchase provides needed funds to The Virtual Pew. If you do not see something to purchase you can click on the search engine, (do not put anything in the search box at this time). You will be taken to Amazon where you can search for anything you desire. Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word.Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
P.O. Box 17731
Wichita, KS 67217

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

Donations to The Virtual Pew

http://www.furches.org/donations/index.html

The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew Blog

Personal Furches Web Site

Mary Jane Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Blog

Hollywood Jesus

Reviews With Mike

The Virtual Pew Sermons

The Virtual Pew News

MySpace Hollywood Jesus Group

MySpace The Virtual Pew Group

The Virtual Pew Live Radio Web Page

To Subscribe to The Virtual Pew Live Feed

Phone Number to Call During The Virtual Pew Live Show, (Please never call prior to the start of the show) - (646) 716-8587

Phone Number to Call During The HJ Live Show, (Please never call prior to the start of the show) - (646) 716-8853

To Subscribe to The Virtual Pew Live Feed -http://www.blogtalkradio.com/feeds/thevirtualpew

To Subscribe to HJ Live Live Feed –http://www.blogtalkradio.com/feeds/hollywoodjesus

No comments: