Monday, September 1, 2014

His Eye Is On The Sparrow

My wife Mary Jane Erwin Furches was telling me recently about an experience she had after a doctors visit. I asked her to write down her thoughts for a post here at The Virtual Pew. The following are those comments. I Hope you enjoy and get something out of it.

Recently I had my routine diabetic check-up with my doctor. Something I do not always look forward to, not that I dislike going to see my doctor because he is a good friend and devout Christian. You see I can always count on him holding my hands and praying for me before I leave. Well on this particular visit, I shared with him about the struggles Mike and I are going through concerning the ministry we feel God has called us to. If you are a follower of the Virtual Pew, you know that we serve the homeless population in our small home-based church. You also know the homeless do not have money to support the church, so where does the money come from?God has always provided for us, but being human we sometimes wonder where it is going to come from or when. In the past few months, we have dwindled to where we only have one church which consistently gives financially and we sometimes get small amounts from various individuals. I shared with Dr. Tom about the need for funds to come in as we are about to be in a crisis mode with not enough to cover our bills. He took my hands and prayed for me asking God to give me peace about our situation and to continue to trust Him. As I left the office and got in my car to drive home, I was stopped at a traffic light not far from his office. As I sat there contemplating our conversation and prayer, a bird landed on the windshield wiper blade and just sat there. I was startled at first as I thought it was going to crash into the windshield, instead, it gracefully landed and appeared to be staring at me through the windshield. It sat perfectly still and didn’t move until the light turned and I began moving. As I looked at that bird a peacefulness came over me and I felt God was nudging me by showing me this bird and whispering to me, “ See I take care of him,I will take care of you.Trust me.” As I drove home, I had a peacefulness I had not felt for several weeks. I truly believe God uses many ways to communicate with us to let us know He is there and He cares. I don’t know how He always does it, but I am thankful He does. Mike and I know God will provide and I ask that you pray for our finances. Maybe you are in a tough place in your own life God will be faithful to you if you seek Him. He can give you a peace that is far beyond understanding if you let Him. How about it?

‘Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life’s span? And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these.But if God so arrays the grass of the filed, which is alive today and tomorrow if thrown into the furnace, will He not much more do so for you, O men of little faith? Do no be anxious then saying, “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink?” or “With what shall we clothe ourselves?” For all these things the Gentiles eagerly seek; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. yes;" But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.

The Virtual Pew and our other work is supported solely by the kind contributions of others. You can click on the donate button below to give any amount to this work that does so much more than just post articles on the net; I draw no ongoing salary from the church I pastor, Mosaic Wichita which is predominantly a homeless church; I am grateful for any small amount you can contribute to help with this ministry.  Believe me there is much more going on than most realize. I will also provide information to verify the ministry and income that comes into this ministry and work.  Thanks and feel free to share any material from The Virtual Pew, I only ask that appropriate credit is given and a link to the original site with the materials provided.

The following is a video of the song His Eye is on The Sparrow performed by Whitney Houston. To watch the video just click on the video, if the video does not work, try the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCfFi8SDz6I




Click here to read about, and order the book, The Keystone Kid 

http://www.mosaicwichita.com/#!store
Click here to visit the web page The Virtual Pew

Click here to follow The Virtual Pew on Twitter

Mike Furches on Faceboook.

Click here to visit Mosaic Church where Mike is Pastor

The Keystone Kid/Virtual Pew Message Boards

Click to subscribe to my blog

There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free audio book link of The Keystone Kid at mike@furches.org You can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/.

Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word. Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
1249 N. St. Francis
Wichita Kansas, 67214
Email: mike@furches.org

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

Donations to The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew Blog

Personal Furches Web Site

Hollywood Jesus

Reviews With Mike

The Virtual Pew Sermons

The Virtual Pew News

No comments: