Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Foggy Dreams?

Are your dreams and aspirations like the morning fog, evaporating and fading away before your very eyes? Sometimes you only have one chance to go for them, but it is your choice, there is no one to blame for the regrets except yourself.

The above is something I felt inspired to write this morning as the sound of thunder awoke me. Recent foggy mornings and events in my life have also caused me to think a lot lately. Am I satisfied with following after my own dreams of a unique and different ministry?

I have to tell you, I am, despite the difficulties, the uncertainties, the anxieties that sometimes exist, I know I and in essence, many of you have been a part of a work making a difference. I am excited about that; I am honored to know people have been touched by some of the things we have done.

I used to get the big head; I think a part of that came from my need of recognition. My book, The Keystone Kid talks some about that, but my Father in Law, Ed Erwin, (EW) reminded me once about the heavenly jewels and crowns we obtain from our work here on earth. He reminded me, that while our honors, recognition, lives, and people we touch and are a part of the blessings; they will result in stars in our heavenly crown, a crown we will lay at the feet of Jesus. Over the years, the more I have thought of this, the more I know the truth of that. It isn’t for us, it is for Jesus!

It’s all about Jesus. He loves each and every one of us. He loves enough to give us dreams, and aspirations. My dreams and aspirations involved making a difference in the lives of people who had a similar background as me. I am excited to see that take place, but it isn’t about me, it is about Jesus, because he loves the downtrodden, the hurting, the sick, the lonely, the abused, the person who needs a job, or a car, or the person we many may consider unlovable, God loves them, and through the sacrifice of his son, showed his love. It is for him because he gave all of those things to me; I want to give them back to him. I want to honor not just him, but the life he gave me. To have the opportunity to do that for the one who gave us life, then pass the opportunity off is something I just don’t understand, yet people do it all of the time. I think it is where we have to make the decision, who are we living for, and how far are we willing to go to share that love. It isn’t a requirement, it isn’t per say a mandate, but it is the place we find the reason of our being, the reason of why we were created. Life without knowing that for me wouldn’t be life, it would be existence, and at least for me, that wouldn’t be a place I want to be.

What are your dreams? What are your aspirations? Do you realize God wants you to experience those things? Despite the crazy attitudes people may have towards your dreams, why not go for them? Do you realize that place, that purpose, may be the very place God wants you to experience the totality of life? Talking about my Father in Law, EW who is in heaven with Jesus now, I write about his brash attitude in my book. He would tell you what he thought and have no hesitation about it, often times at the embarrassment of those around him. I remember one time in particular at Myrtle Beach South Carolina, he ordered a steak at a seafood restaurant, he went on to complain to the waitress and hostess how it was the worst steak he had ever eaten. I laugh now, but it was embarrassing then, after all it was a steak at a seafood house. He let me have it a few times, once in a pretty harsh way when Mary Jane, my wife, told him we were going to get married. Yet despite all of that, despite his demeanor, he was also the first and strongest supporter of me when I felt God calling me back to college in Hillsboro Kansas, and at a time that made no sense at all. ‘Boy, if you feel this is what God is calling you to do, you better do it!’ I appreciated those words of wisdom, especially when hearing Bill, his son once talk about his regrets of not going into the ministry like he felt God had called him to do.

Today, I guess I would challenge you, pray about, seek out appropriate wisdom, but by all means, don’t give up on your dreams. God has put a passion there; he has given you the ability and gifts to be the best at what he has called you to do. Maybe not in a comparative way with some other large ministry, but for someone out there, someone God loves with a passion, you may be the instrument that makes a huge difference. So after seeking out wisdom, praying about it, speaking to friends, and that type of thing, well then, remember the words of Ed Erwin, ‘Boy/Girl, if you feel this is what God is calling you to do, you better do it!’

There are many versions of this on YouTube, but I liked this one. To listen to the song Will There Be Any Stars in My Crown, just click on the following video. If the video don’t appear, just click on the following link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHW9FN6NOd4


Click here to follow The Virtual Pew on Twitter

Mike Furches on Faceboook.

Click here to visit Mosaic Wichita, the Church in Wichita Kansas where Mike is the pastor.

Click Here to Go to The Virtual Pew Daily Verse and Read The Bible in a Year Passages

Click here for booking information to have Pastor Mike come speak or perform, from speaking to music or magic, something for all groups.

You can also Help The Virtual Pew by shopping on our web site or at Amazon, click here to shop at Amazon and help The Virtual Pew, it won't cost you anything extra, but we get a small percentage of the purchase.

Click to visit with Pastor Mike regarding any of your needs. He will respond to each request personally, and if need be refer you to one of our other pastors.

Click to visit and join the new group The Virtual Pew, at MySpace. Become a part of a different kind of Christian group, check out the page for more information,all welcome, including those who are not followers of Jesus.

Click to visit the Virtual Pew Website and become a part of that ministry.

Click to subscribe to my blog

Click to visit and join our sister group at MySpace Hollywood Jesus.

Click to visit Mary Jane Furches' new MySpace Page

Now for those that do not know, make sure you check out the numerous articles and blogs by checking out the archives. If visiting The Virtual Pew or MySpace they are archived on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to where you see newer or older listed under archives and then click there. There are hundreds of postings so make sure to check out the archives. You can also contact me for a free e-book pre edit version of The Keystone Kid at mike@thevirtualpew.comYou can visit http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ and on the front page down on the left side you sill see our store. Your purchase provides needed funds to The Virtual Pew. If you do not see something to purchase you can click on the search engine, (do not put anything in the search box at this time). You will be taken to Amazon where you can search for anything you desire. Hopefully you will consider a gift to The Virtual Pew.

Now I get asked this quite often, Can we repost your blogs or articles? The short answer to that is, what an honor that you would ask, and by all means, spread the word.Here is our contact information

The Virtual Pew
P.O. Box 17731
Wichita, KS 67217

Click on the following links to learn more about The Virtual Pew

Donations to The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew

The Virtual Pew Blog

Personal Furches Web Site

Mary Jane Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Page

Mike Furches MySpace Blog

Hollywood Jesus

Reviews With Mike

The Virtual Pew Sermons

The Virtual Pew News

MySpace Hollywood Jesus Group

MySpace The Virtual Pew Group

The Virtual Pew Live Radio Web Page

To Subscribe to The Virtual Pew Live Feed

No comments: