Thursday, November 20, 2008

29 Years And Counting

Today’s posting will be without all of the photographs, video’s, salesmanship, solicitation, all of that. You see today is a special today, effective today, 7:00 PM EST or thereabouts, I will have been married for 29 years. Yep, ol’ Mike here has been married for 29 years today as today is my anniversary.

I realize how blessed I am. I have stated many times, even write about it in my book, that I don’t think I ever felt that I experienced real physical love until I met my wife, at least a real love that has lasted now for 29 years. I had experienced the love of a Savior, but I honestly believe that outside of my savior, the most perfect love I have experienced is from Mary Jane, my wife.

Tonight I have a card and a small gift for her, and I am taking her to a local dinner theater afterwards to see a play and have a good meal, maybe a glass of wine, and some time on what I customarily, (Thursday Nights) our date night. That’s right, we still take dates, still do the simple things. I try to open the door for her, hold her hand on occasion, give a kiss goodbye, all of those types of things.

I have done a lot of really stupid things in my life, but marrying Mary Jane, staying married to her hasn’t been one of those, next to accepting Jesus into my life, it was easily the smartest thing I have ever done.

I am going to ask those reading this to do something for me. If you don’t mind, go to Mary Jane’s MySpace page and request her for a friend if you haven’t done so. Her page is www.myspace.com/maryjanefurches If you are reading this and don’t have a MySpace page, email her at maryjanefurches@netzero.com There is no doubt in my mind that I got the better end of this deal. November 20 would have been her parents 50th wedding anniversary celebration which we would have held together except her mother died in the months prior to our wedding, and what would have been her 50th wedding anniversary. For that reason, I am sure that our wedding is a bittersweet moment. Letting her know how much you appreciate all she has done would be a wonderful thing, for those of you that really know her, it would be great to let her know how important her support of me as my wife and partner has been. Without her, I know I couldn’t have carried out much of the ministry I have done. For those of you who actually know her, you know that what I am speaking is true.

Thanks for your prayers, and my prayer is that God will provide you someone to love you the way he has me.

The following is a single photo from 29 years ago.

No comments: